Sunday 26 January 2014

Lemon & Blueberry Cake

After taking a bit of a break from baking, I have to say, it's great to finally be back again! :) In desperate hope my skills haven't rusted since Christmas, I decided to make a fruity cake for my flatmate's birthday yesterday.
I have always believed that all birthdays should have cake, so I made a pledge that whenever any of us have a birthday, there will always be cake! A birthday is not a birthday without cake. Presents are of course a nice extra too n_n 

This beast of a cake only took an hour or so to bake and complete, so it'll definitely be worth your time and effort ^^! So let me present to you my version of a Lemon & Blueberry Cake, sandwiched and garnished with fresh whipped cream & lemon zest ... or cornflakes to some! xD




Lemon & Blueberry Cake
As always, I used Linda Lomelino's recipe (click on the link to access it ^^), omitted the sprinkles and replaced it with:

- The juice of half a lemon
- Blueberries (125g)
Don't forget to take the pips out before you squeeze it into the mixture! Otherwise someone will get quite a bitter surprise xD!

Fresh Whipped Cream

Ingredients
Elmlea Whipping Cream (1 pot) - You can use any cream, single or double, but I prefer whipping cream, because it's less likely to get over beaten and become too stiff to spread! 
Icing Sugar (2 x 1/4 cups) - I am not a big fan of super sweet cream, but you can take a teaspoon at a time to measure how sweet you want it :)

Mixing Time :)

1) Take a large mixing bowl, pour the whole pot of whipped cream into the bowl and add your icing sugar.
2) Take an electric whisk and whisk it till it reaches your desired consistency. You may find it easier to start off at a low speed and increasing it to achieve a certain consistency. I prefer mine light but also a little thick, I normally whisk it until it nearly reaches the consistency of a meringue mixture. 

This shall create enough cream to fill the cake inside and garnish it on top. Just so it's not too boring, you can top it with some lemon zest or anything else you want :)





It was so much fun being able to bake again after all this drama and stress with university! Hopefully i'll be able to update on more recipes more regularly and maybe it'll soon be more than just desserts and cakes xD I actually have a team of test mice now, taking baking to a whole different level! Hehehehe :) Anyway, I hope you enjoy this cake, as much as I enjoyed watching my flatmate being surprised by it n_n 

Stay safe & keep smiling, 
  |\ /|
=(^Y^)= 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'd enjoy it if you've saved me some...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is one slice left, all for you babehh <3

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comments / questions. I would love to hear any feedback and anything you have tried ✿◕ ‿ ◕ ~ ☼

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig